The Hearth conducts PDPs that enhance reflection, collaboration and support for students’ positive engagement in learning.
The Hearth Education Advisors develops and implements world-class training and skill development programmes rooted in scientifically-based best practices that result in high quality outcomes, which are responsive to regional and cultural contexts, conditions and resources.
The key focus area for the Hearth is Professional Development for School Teachers. The Hearth offers LEARNING THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE: Cost-effective, quality-assured teacher training and professional development programmes for teachers, educators and school leaders.
While most of our programmes are focussed on teachers, practitioners and leaders in K12 schools, we also offer courses for professionals working in various other education settings.
In our programmes and courses, we work with fellow professionals to enhance their understanding, skills and confidence regarding:
- Supporting students’ positive engagement in learning
- Working as a reflective practitioner
- Collaborating with colleagues to support professional learning
The main focus areas allow us to:
- Enhance the pedagogical dimensions and innovations in teaching
- Update and reassess content knowledge
- Provide an understanding of new developments in education
- Equip practitioners with new skills and competencies in response to changing societal needs and demands
- Enable reflective practice of the teaching-learning process, including classroom and school management skills
- Enhance teacher effectiveness through research enabled learning
- Build awareness and skills in a wide and deep range of learning activities, for adults and school students
Professional Development Programmes for Teachers are certified and can be used for credit-hours for in-service training.
Bespoke training sessions can also be organised for schools or groups of institutions.