Training, Workshops and Professional Development
The Hearth Education Advisors delivers high-impact training programmes, designed with creativity and sound instructional design. The approach leads to responsive and usable outcomes for participants. A key focus area is Professional Development for school teachers, alongside workshops for students and adults.
The Hearth Education Advisors develops and implements world-class teacher professional development programmes rooted in scientifically-based best practices that result in high quality teaching and learning that is responsive to regional and cultural contexts, conditions and resources. It all assists in delivering coherent and effective ongoing skills and training workshops, aligned with appropriate standards and the requirements of the 21st century workforce.
Together, the service offerings of the Hearth lead to:
- Researching the specific needs for a targeted group of teachers and/or academic disciplines through needs assessments and relevant academic reviews.
- Identifying and developing standards for the teaching profession that are connected to the targeted professional development and are based on best teaching practices.
- Identifying and developing opportunities for partnerships to provide a programme of teacher professional development unique to that community. The customised programmes bring together sources of expertise connected to the experiences of participating teachers and the targeted professional development.
- Identifying research-based assessment tools and observation rubrics to evaluate teacher performance and determine individual and group needs for professional development, to include measures of student outcomes on standards-based assessments
- Ensuring that the programmes are standards-driven and based on proven strategies.
- Designing and implementing continuous learning components for professional development that include opportunities for teachers to interact with their colleagues in various activities structured around the learning of teaching practices.
- Implementing strategies for student engagement and interaction, including technological applications, simulations, and product design and production.
- Engaging students in targeted academic coursework alongside vocational training elements led by highly qualified teachers.
- Establishing career counselling focused on preparation for both immediate and long-term careers.
- Instituting career-oriented groups to develop student skills, provide access to mentors, develop career aspirations, and maintain engagement in both academic and vocational courses.
- Creating opportunities for students to engage in shadowing and internships in business and industry to determine interest and develop knowledge, skills, and professional experience.